Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quick card


I have an overload of paper scraps from layouts I've done and I've decided I need to get them used up and clean out the drawer system I use for all of the scraps. So I made this quick card as a Thank you to a dear friends Mother. I played taxi driver for Mona and the wonderful ladies at Maple Ridge. They needed a van to transport some of the ladies and their walkers to Ramona's house for a garden tea party. It was wonderful. Ramona sat a beautiful table (wish I would of taken pictures) and Mel made a "to die for" caramel pumpkin spice cake. Yummmm!
Ramona shared her beautiful garden with us and I learned you can save geraniums thru the winter. I may have to try this.
So I wanted to give Ramona a little gift as a thank you for asking me to join them for tea. It wasn't much, just a card and a votive with flowers on it. She is so very sweet and she has raised a near perfect daughter, Mona, who is the dearest and best friend I could ever want. The Lord has blessed me richly with her friendship, spiritual guidance, prayer and unconditional acceptance, understanding and love. You don't get many friends like that in a life time but the Lord has blessed me richly.

1 comment:

Kristii said...

You are very blessed indeed!!! I would love to know how to save my geraniums!!! What a wonderful card for a wonderful friend!!