Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Father's Day to my Sweet Husband Roger. He's been a wonderful father to our 2 kids and trys to be there for them whenever they need him. He's been a wonderful provider and a great husband. We really couldn't have been blessed with anyone better. We love you Roger and we're very proud of you!!




This is an older picture of me, my brother and our Dad. It was taken in 2005 I think. I have a very special and unique relationship with my Dad. He started going blind when I was in 6th grade. My parents divorced when I was very young and my Dad remarried. His second wife didn't stick around when my Dad found out he was going blind and when I was 12 I became his caretaker. I did his grocery shopping, laundry and cleaned his apartment. I tried to take care of him the best a 12 year old was capable of when their Dad is going thru a very difficult time in their lives and I didn't realize it at the time but he was going thru a deep depression. I just knew I wanted him to be happy again but didn't know how to make that happen. I'm so very thankful that time has healed his heart but it's not been so kind to his sight. He's blind but he tries to do as much by himself as possible. He's been a wonderful Dad and the best Grandpa to my kids that he knew how to be. I'm so very grateful for the time we've had together and our special relationship.
Happy Fathers Day to my very special Dad and to my wonderful husband. I hope they both have a great day. We Love You!

No comments: