Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer

It finally feels like summer! This year has been hard in switching my mind to summer and the relaxing pace we all enjoy. For 19 years my kids have gone to school and you always knew summer started when they were out of school for summer vacation. But this is the first year that neither of them were in school and there was nothing to note that summer had officially arrived. I just kept thinking it didn't feel like summer yet. There were no HOT days to signify summer. (just lots of rain). I couldn't make myself sleep in a little longer or sit on the porch swing without feeling guilty. I couldn't sit and read a book or watch a movie with my daughter during the day without feeling like I should be up doing something. Why is that? Well, no answer here.

We had a cookout at our house saturday night before Fathers Day and that finally triggered my brain into thinking it's summer. Yeah!! So monday and tuesday night Erica and I watched movies. Just nonsense chick flicks. But we had so much fun. Laughing and lounging and her yelling at me because I can't just sit and watch a movie without getting up and doing something every once in a while. It's a Mom thing. Or a type A personality thing. Not sure but I"m going to work on that over the summer.

Now I'm off to Tyler's to help Emma sew a purse. What do I know about sewing? Not a thing. But I know how to thread the bobbin and the machine. So together we'll get it done. And what better way to spend a summer day then spending time with this precious girl.

No comments: