Monday, October 19, 2009

A few treats from the weekend

This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending a few days with Deanna from Creative Hearts Retreats. I was a vendor at the weekend retreat she held in Des Moines, the ladies had a wonderful time and Deanna is a great cook. There was lots of laughs, fun, food and prizes. I did get a chance to create a few things.
The cappaccino cup is quick and easy to make. They make great gifts with a sample of coffee beans, hot chocolate or tea tucked inside.
The pumpkins turned out adorable. The picture isn't doing them justice. They are quick and easy to make with a scallop punch. You can make them with any size scallop punch you have. Wouldn't they be cute at the Thanksgiving table? Today I think I'm going to try and add them to a card. It would make a great 3D embellishment.

3 comments:

Dee said...

love those pumpkins!!

Deanna Morrill said...

Hi Dana! I really enjoyed spending time with you last weekend and I know my guests did as well! Thank you so much for showing us all of your wonderful tools and explaining how to use them. The retreat weekend gave us all a chance to get to know each other and learn some new tips and techniques.

I love those pumpkins! I'm thinking of attaching them to a place card for Thanksgiving. The family will love it! Take care and see you at the next event!

Deanna Morrill
Creative Hearts Retreats

Christina said...

Those pumpkins are so darn cute!! Great blog by the way! Love the music!