Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flowers for the Teachers

A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of spending the day with Erica at the Marshalltown Christian School were she teaches first & second grades. It was Parent Teacher conferences and a work day for their spring program.

Before I went I wanted to make something special for the teachers. They are a wonderful group of women that mean so much to Erica. I decided it would be nice to have something bright and springy for their desks during conferences. I used the Cricut and the George cartridge using both flowers from that cartridge. With each color I cut them at different sizes and shapes. I curled the edges slightly and glued them together and attached them to a wood skewer and attached a button to the center of each. I filled the vases with spring colored M&M's and tied a ribbon to each vase. It was a fairly quick and easy project.



During conferences I cut titles and images for their spring program using the Cricut. When we were done with the items needed for the program I cut images for their bulletin boards using lots of different cartridges. The one we used the most for images was A Child's Year. I have lots of ideas for Erica's classroom bulletin boards next year.

No comments: