Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! We had a great day and thats why this post is late. I just didn't get time to post yesterday. My 4th started early with a great surprise from my very dear friend. You might remember my friend from Here and Here. She left me this little cutie to start off my 4th of July. Isn't she so patriotic?
We were home for the 4th this year. Usually we're on vacation but we went early this year. Since we were home I was able to decorate the front porch and the back yard for a change.

On friday I didn't really have the extra time but I thought these were cute for our families 4th of July celebration. And I knew the kids would have fun with them. So I made 14 of them!
Their made with giant pixie stix. I looked all over Osky for them and the only place you can find giant pixie stixs is at Harry Green's. Or the "candy store" for those of you from the 'hood. It's the only place you can still find candy for a penny! For those not from the neighborhood, it's also known as South Seventh grocery.
You can download the directions here
It was glummy & misting most of the day on the 4th, but this is what our family did for fun.

We are very thankful for our family, friends and freedom. And we thank all of those service men and women who so bravely fight for our freedom. THANK YOU!!

1 comment:

Kristii said...

I am loving the music on your blog Dana!!! Awesome!