Monday, May 3, 2010

More Challenges from National Scrapbook Day

Challenge #4 is to use a Cricut cartridge that you thought you HAD to have and then have realized you never use it or use it very little. Thats the case with From the Kitchen cartridge. I thought I had to have it, I would use it all the time. Nope, didn't happen. Hadn't even opened it except to redeem the points at Cricut.com/rewards. (little side note- I had enough points to get a free cartridge- YEAH George Basic Shapes)

I looked thru the From the Kitchen cartridge several times trying to find something to make with this. Just didn't see anything that I really liked. I decided to use the cup cake image. I'm making most of my cards this year and I can always use another birthday card to have on hand.
I am amazed that this has turned out to be my favorite card!! I used scraps for every part of this card. I used a Martha Stewart border edge punch on the white card stock and a jewel instead of a cherry on top of the cupcake. The sentiment says "Sweet thoughts of You" and it's from the My Pink Stamper line of stamps. Now I"m off to make a few more of these out of the scraps that are left.


1 comment:

Simply Pam said...

LOVE the card! Turned out really great, I agree, great card. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

Pam